Monday, October 10, 2011

Full Steam Ahead

Today ran smoothly. The students are settling into their routines. Each student in my classroom had their own unique schedule. Students are coming and going all day. Some students come to me for only one 30 minute block of time, others come for several different blocks, while others only come a couple time a weeks. I am still working on the intricacies of my schedule a fine tuning the last kinks that are there, but for the most part, things are "full steam ahead."




So far this year I have given 24 individual reading assessments. Each assessment takes as little as 15 minutes but can take upwards of 60 minutes per student. I was also given several new curriculum's and had to conduct assessments in order to place students are their learning level. The beginning of the year is always full of assessments and it feels like it takes way to long to get into the curriculum. My students have been into the reading curriculum (reading mastery) for about 2 weeks and they are excited about completing the lessons. The math curriculum has had several glitches so the earliest I will be able to get into that will be next week. Thank goodness my cupboards are full of learning tools and the lessons choices in my mind are plentiful!








Today was a GREAT teaching day!


















1 comment:

  1. It looks good in there when I walk past your windows in the hallway. You up front teaching, kids wrapt attention. Keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete