Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Daily Grind

I cannot believe how long it has been since my last post. I got so caught up in the daily grind of work and family that it seems I never quite find time for myself. A dear friend of mine reminded me that I have not been blogging- Thank you Deb for reminding me to take a moment for myself!

This morning during my regular morning routine I realized how checked out I am. Well, checked out of my morning routine, my mind was already at work! I woke up early so I could get to my report cards since the system has been down for days. First up, shower- hair, teeth, shave my legs and this is where is all began to become a comedy of errors. After brushing my teeth I reached for the shaving gel. I looked at its light aqua blue gelness (I know, that isn't a real word but I like it) and thought to myself, "Why do I have toothpaste in my hand?" I promptly grabbed my tooth brush, not thinking I just finished brushing my teeth, and scraped the gel onto my tooth brush. Yep, you guessed it, next I began to brush my teeth with shaving gel. Of course I don't use a standard toothbrush either. I use and electric brush so needless to say it was quite an experience. I finally made it through my shower, got dressed and remembered I need to put the garbage out because Tuesday is our new garbage day. It was 20 something degrees out and the neighborhood cats or raccoons were hungry overnight. Garbage was flung about, ripped apart, and spread throughout my carport and side yard. I got that cleaned up and the garbage put out. Back into the house I go. The dogs meet me eagerly at the door, telling me how hungry they are.... mind you it is not even 6 a.m. yet, but they are HUNGRY! I grab the bowl, drop my arm down to my side but quickly realized that I had grabbed the water bowl. On a good note, I have a really clean spot on my kitchen floor now. Phew, I made it through the morning, a little, ok a lot off my routine!

The Daily Grind becomes The Daily Blur during report card week! I am looking forward to winter break for sure!

1 comment:

  1. With the computer system stress I think I'm going to be in a blur for days.

    You spend so much of your time taking care of others, Friend, that you don't even notice when you're not taking care of yourself! I LOVE your selflessness but you gotta lay off the shave gel! :-)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete